Digital and forensics investigators, technicians, and lawyers who want to view, evaluate, or image a disk drive safely rely upon the CRU® WiebeTech® Forensic UltraDock™. It's an easy-to-use, professional-grade drive dock that provides multiple host and drive connection types.
To use, connect a suspect hard drive--IDE or SATA--to the Forensic UltraDock, plug in power, and attach a cable to the host computer. The drive connector enables automatic alignment and easy insertion. The Forensic UltraDock's LED indicator light and easy screen menu also clearly identify the work mode.
The Forensic UltraDock detects and indicates hidden areas of the drive (HPA and/or DCO) automatically, and allows you to choose on-the-fly whether or not to temporarily or permanently unhide them. The LCD menu makes such selection easy--no complicated DIP switches to set.
The Forensic UltraDock's LCD puts drive information at your fingertips. Quickly access selected important SMART data such as hours used, number of power cycles, and disk health. It can also display the model and serial number reported by the drive's firmware. Free downloadable software can also allow you to view this information on your computer and save it to a file for easy inclusion in a case report.
The Forensic UltraDock model FUDv5.5 has USB 3.0, USB 2.0, eSATA, and FireWire 800 host connections. It natively supports the most common types of drives, such as SATA and IDE/PATA, but if you need to work with a non-standard drive, there are a variety of adapters available for additional flexibility.
- Compatibility with forensic acquisition and analysis software
- Rugged aluminum construction
- Industry-leading 3-year warranty
- Free US-based customer support
Whether you're a forensic investigator, technician, or cyber security analyst, the Forensic UltraDock is a necessary part of your toolkit. Find a reseller near you or buy online.
- AC adapter & power cord
- USB 3.0 cable
- eSATA cable
- FireWire 800 cable
- SATA drive cable
- IDE drive cable
- Molex MiniFit to legacy power cable
- Metal drive plate (for optional use)
- Packet of screws and bumpers
- Quick start guide
|Drive Types Supported
- PATA/IDE 2.5" drives (with PATA Adapter 25)
- PATA/IDE 3.5
- SATA 2.5" drives
- SATA 3.5" drives
- Hitachi 1.8" drives (with PATA Adapter 25)
- Toshiba 1.8" drives (with PATA Adapter 18-TOSH)
- MacBook Air 2010 (with SATA Adapter MBA2010)
- MSATA (with SATA Adapter mSATA)
- Mini PCIe PATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- Mini PCIe SATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- Mini PCIe USB (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
||2.95" x 4.33" x 1.06" (75mm x 110mm x 27mm)