Digital and forensics investigators, technicians, and lawyers who want to view, evaluate, or image a drive safely rely upon the CRU® WiebeTech® Forensic ComboDock™. It’s an easy-to-use, professional-grade, dual mode dock that provides a plethora of host and drive connections.
To use, connect a suspect hard drive to the Forensic ComboDock, plug in power, and attach to your computer. The drive connector enables automatic alignment and easy insertion.
When turned on, the Forensic ComboDock asks you to choose either write-blocking or read/write mode. If you need to modify contents of a suspect drive, switch the Forensic ComboDock into temporary read/write mode.
Even though switching from write blocker mode to read/write mode is easy, the Forensic ComboDock v5 makes it impossible to unintentionally turn off write-blocking. This prevents problems that can occur if you forget to change the mode back to write-blocking.
The Forensic ComboDock's LED indicator and easy screen menu also clearly identify the operating mode. You can even detect, remove, or modify Host Protected Areas (HPAs) and Device Configuration Overlays (DCOs) that may be hiding additional data on the suspect drive.
The Forensic ComboDock puts drive information at your fingertips. Quickly access selected important SMART data such as hours used, number of power cycles, and disk health. It can also display the model and serial number reported by the drive's firmware. Free downloadable software can also allow you to view this information on your computer and save it to a file for easy inclusion in a case report.
The Forensic ComboDock model FUDv5.5 has USB 3.0, USB 2.0, eSATA, and FireWire 800 connections, and works natively with the most common types of hard drives such as IDE/PATA and SATA. But if you need to work with a non-standard drive there are a variety of adapters available for additional flexibility.
- Multiple computer and drive connection types, including USB 3.0
- Compatible with forensic acquisition and analysis software
- Rugged aluminum construction
- 3-year warranty
- Free US-based customer support
Whether you’re a forensic investigator, technician, or cyber security analyst, the Forensic
ComboDock is a necessary part of your toolkit. Find a reseller near you or buy online.
- AC adapter & power cord
- USB 3.0 cable
- eSATA cable
- FireWire 800 cable
- SATA drive cable
- IDE drive cable
- Molex MiniFit to legacy power cable
- Metal drive plate (for optional use)
- Packet of screws and bumpers
- Quick start guide
|Drive Types Supported
- PATA/IDE 2.5" drives (with PATA Adapter 25)
- PATA/IDE 3.5
- SATA 2.5" drives
- SATA 3.5" drives
- Hitachi 1.8" drives (with PATA Adapter 25)
- Toshiba 1.8" drives (with PATA Adapter 18-TOSH)
- MacBook Air 2010 (with SATA Adapter MBA2010)
- MSATA (with SATA Adapter mSATA)
- Mini PCIe PATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- Mini PCIe SATA (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
- Mini PCIe USB (with PATA Adapter mPCIe)
||2.95" x 4.33" x 1.06" (75mm x 110mm x 27mm)