As a data recovery professional, you know how important it is to work from an accurate, stable hard drive image.
Unfortunately, traditional disk imaging tools and methods are designed to deal with intact hard drives, not the unstable ones with bad sectors that are your stock-in-trade. Drives stop responding, disks degrade or fail under intensive reading, valuable files remain locked in bad sectors.
But now there's a better way: DeepSpar Disk Imager is the first dedicated disk imaging device built to handle disk-level problems and to recover bad sectors on a hard drive.
Highlights of DeepSpar Disk Imager
- DeepSpar Disk Imager is able to retrieve up to 90 percent of bad sectors that are partially corrupted and cannot be cloned/imaged by ordinary means.
- While system software, such as BIOS or OS, tries to prevent you from retrieving and copying corrupted data, DeepSpar Disk Imager bypasses it to give you access to all available data, good and bad.
- Special vendor-specific ATA commands are used that pre-configure the hard drive for imaging, reduce the number of read operations and the intensity of the operations, which causes disk degradation.
- DeepSpar Disk Imager reduces the time it takes to image a disk with bad sectors, doing in hours what could take days or even weeks with ordinary clone/image tools.
- Failing hard drives are imaged with care and intelligence, using as few passes as possible to get the most information.
- Stop and continue imaging as needed - configuration information together with the map of good/bad/unprocessed sectors are saved on the destination drive, so whenever you stop you will have the read status of each imaged sector.
- DeepSpar Disk Imager allows you to select the specific read/write heads you wish to use when imaging, allowing you to optimize the imaging process even further.
- The imaging hardware automatically resets/reboots drives that become unresponsive to continue imaging process, so you don't need to stand around watching and waiting for the entire system to be rebooted.
- Real-time reporting gives you a window on the type and quality of data you're imaging - while the process is still underway. You can even see the number and type of files or OS structure elements imaged so far.
- You have total control over imaging parameters: single or multiple passes, read timeouts, retry attempts, bad sector retrieval (Error Correction Code (ECC) processing), selectable ATA read commands, and error-dependent imaging algorithm based on UNC/AMNF/IDNF/ABRT bad sectors or read/ready timeouts. This gives you ability to apply all possible methods to retrieve data from bad sectors of partially failed hard drives in multiple passes.
- DeepSpar Disk Imager supports only specific ATA controllers, either add-on or onboard. This is required to bypass system software and work on a hardware-level to achieve maximum performance and reliability of the imaging process.