FRED SR (Dual Xeon) is the highest performance member of the FRED family of forensic workstations. FRED SR has all the functional capabilities of a FRED system with the addition of components optimized for the absolute highest level of processor, memory, and I/O performance.
Dual Xeon Quad Core Speed (8 Processors)
Dual Processor system implementations have traditionally been "server centric" with: outdated chipsets, poor memory bandwidth, poor I/O bandwidth, and limited support for integrated peripherals. Digital Intelligence has designed the first Dual Processor system with all the pre-requisite performance, flexibility, and reliably required of a Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device (FRED). This system is built on a dual-processor 64-bit Xeon Motherboard, with outstanding flexibility, integrated peripheral support, and performance far beyond anything previously seen in a Forensic Workstation.
Integrated IDE, SATA, and SCSI Write Blockers
UltraBay The Digital Intelligence UltraBay can be used to acquire a forensically sound image of IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Your IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives may be connected and removed from the UltraBay without having to shut down the workstation or leaving the GUI. The UltraBay is exclusively available with Digital Intelligence FRED systems and is not available separately or from any other source.
The Fastest, Most Powerful FRED Workstation
Dual 64 Bit Xeon Processors
- Xeon 5420 2.5Ghz Standard
- Dual Quad Core (8 Processors Total)
- Both 32 and 64 Bit Capable
- Shipping with a full 64 Bit O/S (Linux)
Two Independent CPU-Dedicated Memory Banks
- Eliminates CPU (bandwidth) contention for shared memory access of a single bank of memory
- 4GB (2GB/Processor) standard
- Up to 32GB (16 GB/Processor) maximum
Shipped Complete with a 64 bit Operating System for the x86 Architecture
- Suse Linux Professional Included and Pre-Configured
- (DOS 6.22 / Win98se Standalone DOS / Windows XP Professional Triple Boot also included/pre-installed as in baseline)
Baseline FRED SR Specifications