If you are doing Forensics Analysis you need easy expandability and improved file protection. Sonnet’s Fusion DX800RAID storage systems meet your needs with breakthrough performance and proven data safety, provided in affordable, direct attached disk arrays for the desktop. Fusion DX800RAID storage systems are designed for work environments where performance and fault tolerance are critical, and simple expandability a must.
With drives formatted as a RAID 4, RAID 5, RAID 6, or DVRAID group, Fusion DX800RAID systems offer fail-safe protection in the event of a drive failure. You can set up your system to provide visual and audible alerts, including e-mail notification. A drive can be swapped out and the RAID group rebuilt in 2, 3, or 4 hours (4, 6, or 8TB configurations(1), respectively), or you can continue to work at reduced bandwidth while the RAID group rebuilds in the background.
4TB, 6TB, or 8TB(4) to start—it's your choice. When you need to grow your storage capacity, wouldn't you like a system that's expandable without hassle? Fusion DX800RAID storage systems have you covered. When your job calls for access to more than 8TB of files at a time, Sonnet offers an economical upgrade path that is simple to deploy—Fusion DX800RAID storage expansion systems. Each DX800RAID storage system features an internal SAS (Serial Attached SCSI) expander that enables you to connect additional DX800RAID enclosures in a daisy chain, no additional RAID controller card needed. This simplifies installation and significantly reduces your cost to expand capacity. Of course, if your needs are simpler, each system includes user-swappable drive modules so you can easily change sets of drives as you go.
Fusion DX800RAID systems support RAID 0 for pure, unadulterated speed; RAID 1 for ultimate redundancy; and RAID 4 (DV RAID), 5, 6, and 10 for balanced, failsafe file protection and performance; JBOD support is available, too. Fusion DX800RAID systems even support hot spares—a designated hot spare drive waits unused in the background to automatically replace a failed drive without you having to lift a finger. All this flexibility is accomplished without switches—a simple to use configuration utility enables you to optimize your setup for specific workflow requirements.
The reliability of the Fusion DX800RAID is further enhanced through SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) 2.0 compliance, a feature more commonly found on enterprise storage systems, and enhanced S.M.A.R.T (Self-Monitoring Analysis and Reporting Technology) data reporting for each hard drive installed in the system. Built into the Fusion DX800RAID enclosure, SES functionality provides enhanced real-time monitoring and reporting of drive, power supply, and temperature status, with real time results displayed in utility application screens and the illumination of conveniently placed LEDs on the enclosure. S.M.A.R.T. data criteria can be used to notify you of an impending drive failure and enable you to minimize downtime as a result.
The heart of a Fusion DX800RAID storage system is the Sonnet PCI Express® RAID controller. This powerhouse is based on the latest-generation Intel® IOP348 RAID processor running at 1.2 GHz, which can handle the throughput from all the drives with plenty of overhead. The Sonnet RAID controller is configured with 256MB of ECC-protected RAM, especially important to maintain data stream writes as the disk array nears capacity.
Fusion DX800RAID storage systems employ Enterprise/RAID Edition hard drives(2). These drives are subjected to hours of additional, stringent testing to check for soft errors, vibration, and other reliability predictors—just the sturdiest drives pass these tests and are prepared with special RAID-optimized firmware. Enterprise/RAID drives offer higher MTBF (mean time between failure) specs, carry longer warranties than “desktop” drives, and are the building blocks of a super-reliable Fusion storage system.
- High Performance—A single Fusion DX800RAID system with eight 1TB drives (configured as RAID 5) delivers up to 680 MB/sec read, 700 MB/sec write data transfers; greater performance possible with additional Fusion DX800RAID systems connected
- Easy, Economic Expandability—Internal SAS expander enables you to connect up to 16 DX800RAID enclosures to a single Sonnet RAID controller card
- Failsafe File Protection—Fusion DX800RAID supports RAID levels 4, 5, and 6 to protect data in case of a drive failure (two drives with RAID 6) while maintaining great performance
- Monitored Operation—SES (SCSI Enclosure Services) and S.M.A.R.T. data reporting provide realtime monitoring of the enclosure and drives
- Better Windows Support—Overcomes volume size limit in Windows to fully support volumes larger than 2TB
- Complete storage system includes enclosure, RAID controller card, drive modules, cables, and software; expansion storage system includes enclosure, drive modules, and power cable
- 4TB, 6TB, or 8TB configurations; Enterprise/RAID Edition drives(1)
- Universal 100–240V, 50/60Hz power supply
- Drive Activity, Drive Presence, Power, SES, and Link LED indicators
- Quiet fans
- RoHS compliant
For additional information, visit the manufacturer's website