6,000 GB of online storage (6.40TB RAID-5).
3000 VA Rackmount Uninterruptable Power Supply (UPS) (2U).
FRED-RM (Forensic Recovery of Evidence - Rackmount Module). FREDM FRED ModuleThe FRED-RM module has the processing functionality of a FRED system integrated into a rackmount module. Although the FRED-RM module is specifically designed to focus on the processing of forensic evidence, it is also capable of acquiring data from IDE/EIDE/ATA/ATAPI/SATA hard drives and devices. The FRED-RM module is equipped with our exclusive UltraBay write-blocked imaging bay which is used for forensically sound (write-blocked) acquisition of Parallel IDE, Serial ATA, and SCSI devices! The FRED-RM Module will also acquire data from 3-1/2 inch floppies, Multimedia cards, CD-ROM, and DVD-ROM media.
Integrated IDE, SATA, and SCSI Write Blockers. UltraBay The Digital Intelligence UltraBay can be used to acquire a forensically sound image of IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Your IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives may be connected and removed from the UltraBay without having to shut down the workstation or leaving the GUI. The UltraBay is exclusively available with Digital Intelligence FRED systems and is not available separately or from any other source.
Baseline FRED-RM (Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device - Rackmount Module). FREDM's standard Core 2 Duo Processor is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the Pentium D or even Pentium Extreme processors despite the fact it has a lower clock speed. Even the E6300 1.86 Ghz processor is about 11% faster (Sysmark 2004) than the Pentium D 3.4Ghz.
- 29 1/8 " High w/Wheels, 23 5/8" Wide, 35 3/8" Deep - 375 lbs
- 4U Rackmount Enclosure (8 Bays, Dual Redundant 500W P/S)
- Core 2 Motherboard with Intel X38 Chipset
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU (Quad Processor), 2.40 Ghz, 1066 Mhz FSB (Upgradeable on Request)
- 2 x PCI-Express (x16), 1 x PCI-Express (x1), 2 x PCI (32), 1 x PCI-X Slots
- 4 GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel Memory
- Nvidia 7600 PCI-Express Video Card (256MB)
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbs Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapters
- 8 Channel High Definition Audio Controller
- 6 port (6 Drives) Primary 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller (RAID Capable)
- 4 port (4 Drives) Secondary 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller with 2 Internal and 2 External (eSATA) Ports (RAID Capable)
- 1 Port (2 Drives) DMA 66/100/133 Parallel ATA (IDE) Controller
- 12 USB 2.0/1.x Ports (4 Front Mounted)
- 3 FireWire IEEE 1394a (400 MB/s) Ports (1 Front Mounted)
- 2 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) Port (1 Front Mounted)
- Ultra 320 SCSI Controller (Narrow, Wide, Ultra, Ultra160, Ultra320)
- Digital Intelligence UltraBay Hardware Write-Blocker:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SCSI Drive Write Blocker
- Digital Intelligence UltraBlock USB Write Blocker
- Digital Intelligence Integrated Forensic Media Card Reader - One Switchable Read-Only/Read-Write (MSC, MS Pro, SMC, CFC, MD, XD, SDC, and MMC Memory Card compatible)
- 3ÃÂ½" Diskette Drive
- DVD ÃÂ± RW/CD ÃÂ± RW Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- 2 x 500Gb 7200 RPM 3.0 Gb/s SATA Hard Drives in Shock-Mounted Trays
- 2 x Native Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- DLT-V4 Internal Tape Drive (160GB Native / 320GB Compressed)
- Extendable/Retractable Imaging Workshelf with Integrated Cable Storage
- Adapters, Terminators, and Cables: All the necessary cables, adapters, and terminators to image and process internal/external SCSI Drives, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) drives, 2.5 inch IDE (laptop) drives, and 3ÃÂ½ and 5ÃÂ¼ inch IDE drives.
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment.
- MS-DOS 6.22 (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows 98SE Standalone DOS (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Suse Linux Professional (Pre-Configured)
- Norton GHOST
- Nero DVD/CD Authoring Software
- DriveSpy, Image, PDWipe, PDBlock, PART
Other Options are Available upon Request. All of our systems can be upgraded or modified according to customer requests. Typical options include Processor Upgrades, Memory Upgrades, Hard Drive Upgrades or additions, and additional bundled forensic software as requested.