Digital Intelligence's Forensic Recovery of Evidence Device (Diminutive Interrogation Equipment) is FREDDIE. FREDDIE is a highly portable solution which meets both imaging and processing requirements. This system uses many of the same components as DI's larger FRED units.
FREDDIE is the ultimate solution in mobile forensic processing power. FREDDIE is the little brother of our larger FRED unit. Like its older brother, FREDDIE is a highly integrated, flexible and modular forensic platform designed from the ground up for both the acquisition and analysis of computer evidence with the added advantage of being highly portable.
FREDDIE uses the same motherboard, and many of the same components, as our larger FRED unit. In fact, the removable devices in our custom forensic bays can be used in both FRED and FREDDIE.
FREDDIE Standard Padded and Wheeled Case. The Mobile Computer Forensic Solution. FREDDIE is designed for use "On Location" at electronic crime scenes. Remove the hard drive(s) from the suspect system and plug them into FREDDIE and acquire the electronic evidence. FREDDIE is designed to acquire data directly from IDE/EIDE/ATA/SATA/ATAPI/ SCSI I/SCSI II/SCSI III hard drives and storage devices. FREDDIE is also capable of handling 3ÃÂ½ inch floppies as well as CD-ROM and DVD. No more worrying about the problems encountered trying to configure parallel devices on suspect equipment in order to use external backup devices. No worries about installing a SCSI adapter into a suspect's computer.
Integrated IDE, SATA, and SCSI Write Blockers. UltraBay The Digital Intelligence UltraBay can be used to acquire a forensically sound image of IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives using your choice of Forensic Imaging software. Your IDE, SATA, and SCSI drives may be connected and removed from the UltraBay without having to shut down the workstation or leaving the GUI. The UltraBay is exclusively available with Digital Intelligence FRED systems and is not available separately or from any other source.
FREDDIE w/UltraBaySpace, Flexibility and Power. FREDDIE comes with two high capacity hard drives. One of these drives is used for your forensic acquisition and processing tools and the other drive as a work drive for restoring and processing electronic evidence. With multiple boot menu options, FREDDIE can be booted into data acquisition mode with full SCSI support and PDBlock loaded automatically, write protecting the suspect hard drive. Another boot option can be configured to place FREDDIE in data analysis mode with full access to your forensic analysis tools.
Network Functionality Built In. FREDDIE also has the ability to connect directly to a 10Mb, 100Mb, or even Gigabit Ethernet networks for use as a standard workstation when not processing or acquiring data. With the addition of Network Analysis software (Packet Analyzer), FREDDIE can even be used to monitor network traffic and communications at the crime scene.
Baseline FREDDIE Specifications. FREDDIE's standard Core 2 Duo Processor is SIGNIFICANTLY faster than the Pentium D or even Pentium Extreme processors despite the fact it has a lower clock speed. Even the E6300 1.86 Ghz processor is about 11% faster (Sysmark 2004) than the Pentium D 3.4Ghz.
- 14" High, 17 1/4" Wide, 10 1/4" Deep - 55 lbs
- ATX Aluminum Portable Case (1-3½, 4-5¼) with 620W ATX power supply, Internal speakers, 17 " Active TFT LCD Video Display Panel, and Integrated Windows Keyboard w/Touchpad
- Core 2 Motherboard with Intel X38 Chipset
- Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 CPU (Quad Processor), 2.40 Ghz, 1066 Mhz FSB (Upgradeable on Request)
- 2 x PCI-Express (x16), 1 x PCI-Express (x1), 2 x PCI (32), 1 x PCI-X Slots
- 4 GB DDR2-800 Dual Channel Memory
- Nvidia 7600 PCI-Express Video Card (256MB) with Dual Monitor Output
- Dual 10/100/1000 Mbs Gigabit Ethernet Network Adapters
- 8 Channel High Definition Audio Controller
- 6 port (6 Drives) Primary 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller (RAID Capable)
- 4 port (4 Drives) Secondary 3.0 Gb/s Serial ATA (SATA) Controller with 2 Internal and 2 External (eSATA) Ports (RAID Capable)
- 1 Port (2 Drives) DMA 66/100/133 Parallel ATA (IDE) Controller
- 8 USB 2.0/1.x Ports
- 1 FireWire IEEE 1394b (800 MB/s) Port
- 1 FireWire IEEE 1394a (400 MB/s) Port
- Ultra 320 SCSI Controller (Narrow, Wide, Ultra, Ultra160, Ultra320)
- Digital Intelligence UltraBay Hardware Write-Blocker:
- Integrated IDE Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SATA Drive Write Blocker
- Integrated SCSI Drive Write Blocker
- Digital Intelligence UltraBlock USB Write Blocker
- Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Reader - One Switchable Read-Only/Read-Write (MSC, MS Pro, SMC, CFC, MD, XD, SDC, and MMC Memory Card compatible)
- 2 x 500Gb 7200 RPM 3.0 Gb/s SATA Hard Drives in Trays
- 2 x Native Shock Mounted SATA Removable Hard Drive Bays (IDE Capable)
- DVD ± RW/CD ± RW Dual-Layer Combo Drive
- 3½" Floppy Diskette Drive with Write Protect Switch
- Adapters, Terminators, and Cables: All the necessary cables, adapters, and terminators to image and process internal/external SCSI drives, 1.8 inch IDE (iPod) drives, 2.5 inch IDE (laptop) drives, and 3½ and 5¼ inch IDE drives.
- Digital Intelligence Forensic Media Card Readers: Read-Only Hardware Write Blocked and Read/Write Selectable (MSC, MS Pro, SMC, CFC, MD, XD, SDC, and MMC Memory Card compatible)
- Digital Camera: Useful to document your suspects environment and hardware.
- Security Screwdriver Set: A varied assortment of popular security bits for opening computer enclosures that may have been locked down in a corporate environment
- MS-DOS 6.22 (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows 98SE Standalone DOS (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Microsoft Windows XP Pro (Pre-Installed & Configured)
- Suse Linux Professional (Pre-Configured)
- Norton GHOST
- Nero DVD/CD Authoring Software
- DriveSpy, Image, PDWipe, PDBlock, PART
Other Options are Available Upon Request. All of our systems can be upgraded or modified according to customer requests. Typical options or upgrades include Processor Upgrades, Memory Upgrades, Hard Drive Upgrades or additions, Desktop Monitor or LCD Panel and keyboard/Mouse/Speakers, and additional bundledforensic software as requested.